I have a very sensitive skin. And that is the reason I have always refrained from using chemical products on my skin. My face has always been prone to acne and pimples. And to get rid of these problems I tried various homemade remedies but to no avail. Hence the thought of using organic products came to my mind and I decided to start a care routine for my skin with organic and ayurvedic products.
I opted for ‘Biotique’ products. Biotique is a company which manufactures ayurvedic skin care products. Its customer rating is impressive which encoraged me to try their products. Trying skin care products for the first time I had no idea how to get started so I surfed Youtube for “skincare routine for beginners” and ended up buying a srub, a cleanser, a toner a moisturizer and a sunscreen lotion from the offical website of Biotique. I will mention my routine below but before that let me explain the products and their uses.
- Scrub: The job of a scrub is to exfoliate your skin. It uses small particles or beads to remove dead skin cells and makes way for the new skin cells.
- Cleanser: A cleanser is basically a face wash. It helps you get rid of all the impurities such as dust, pullution particles, bad bacteria, dead skin cells, excessive oil etc. from your skin and makes it fresh and clean. While purchasing a cleanser make sure to check its composition. A good cleanser should have Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Salicylic acid, and Ceramides. Also make sure your cleanser is sulphate free.
- Toner: When you cleanse your face using a cleanser it opens up your skin pores as well. The work of a Toner is to tighten your skin pores and close it so as to prevent the impurites from getting into the skin pores, and hence helps reduce pimple and acne problems.
- Moisturizer: Moisturizers are creams/lotions that smoothen your skin and makes it soft. It protects your skin from dryness, dullness and irritations.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreens cut the harmful UV rays from the sun protecting your skin and hence prevents tanning to some extent.